I have a craving for some tacos. I don’t know where the craving started, but I have been craving them all week. Hence, my search for a taco recipe that is going to satisfy my craving, yet is still healthy so I don’t undo my hard work from working out this week!
So I bring you…..drumroll please……..
Lean Turkey Tacos
These are super easy to make and taste so good! So fast to make on a weeknight or busy weekend!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder (or 2 tsp regular chili powder and 1 tsp ancho chili powder)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Iceberg or Romain lettuce leaves, doubled up, for serving
- Shredded cheese, diced Roma tomatoes, diced red onion, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, light sour cream, for serving
Directions to make:
Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes. Add turkey and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing and breaking up turkey occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, tomato sauce and chicken broth. Reduce to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes until sauce has reduced.
Serve mixture over lettuce leaves with desired toppings.
Makes approximately 6 tacos
If you wind up making these, tell me what you think in the comments!