Change up your tater tots for a simple new zucchini twist! These are awesome for game day appetizers, brunches and casual cocktail parties.
For the Tots:
3 cups grated zucchini (tightly packed)
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup coconut oil (for pan frying)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- In a large bowl, stir together grated zucchini, egg, instant mashed potatoes, salt and pepper. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Heat coconut oil and olive oil over medium heat in a small pot or deep-sided skillet. Using a mini cookie scoop, drop zucchini mixture into the hot coconut oil, frying until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip with metal tongs, if needed, to ensure even cooking.
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate. Serve warm with ranch dressing for dipping.